Tier 4 dependent visa work rights

Only for UK Tier 4 (Student) points system
sds sssdsd
Petter

Tier 4 dependent visa work rights

Postby Petter » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:50 am

A quick question around tier 4 dependent visa work rights. I can see the guidelines say dependents are allowed to work if the main applicants are enrolled for pg course of 12 months or more.

My question is how is this determined ? If a student takes up a typical 1 year Msc or MBA program. Technically course start and end dates would be 11.9 months approx. Does this allow the dependent to work ?

Daniel98

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa work rights

Postby Daniel98 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:51 am

There is a much easier way to work it out. Your tier 4 visa will give your right to work as either being 10 hours or 20 hours during term time. If that is stated then your dependent can work without restriction.

If you are enquiring unfront before you apply you have to be attending a HEI on a degree or above level course that lasts more than twelve months to qualify for work rights for you thus giving your dependent work rights too

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:52 am

there are some universities that offer 2 year courses. 1 year study and 1 year industrial training. Does this satisfy the condition of 12 months or more PG course ? Would the dependent have work rights in this case ?

ab95180z

Postby ab95180z » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:56 am

admin wrote:there are some universities that offer 2 year courses. 1 year study and 1 year industrial training. Does this satisfy the condition of 12 months or more PG course ? Would the dependent have work rights in this case ?

That's a question for the university. Ask them what are the course dates. I can't see how it would be anything other than 2 years.

sssdsd

Return to “UK Tier 4 (Student) visas”